Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Nature walk/Physical Therapy



I chose to conduct an outdoor nature walk/ physical therapy session for the purpose of allowing the participants to enjoy a change of scenery .  I contacted the Koke Mill Medical Center in Springfield, Illinois and was able to attend a session at the approval of Erin, one of the instructors.  During the session I met with the participants and informed them of my activity.  They seemed thrilled to join me and that weekend we met at Lincoln Park.



  My love for the outdoors and knowledge of the native species and gardening tips helped facilitate a jovial get together.  We met early and I told the group that I will answer any questions they might have  and I also quizzed them on such criteria as the state tree of Illinois, the oldest species, etc.  I also encouraged them to pick flowers and enjoy themselves while  at the park.  After handing out sheets during and after the walk I  evaluated how they felt about the experience.  It was something they enjoyed they told me,because they too had a love for the outdoors.  Following the walk we discussed how being outdoors generally raised peoples' spirits and how we could  possibly conduct another outdoor activity.  I felt it was a fun  and informative experience for those who were there and I  think it would benefit all parties were to participate again, perhaps in the summer, weather and heat permitting. 


2 comments:

  1. A special thanks to Diane and Louise for helping during my activity. The dog was fun to play with, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!Preferred Rehab

    ReplyDelete